Hello there to all creative individuals! Here is a how to sew cloth napkins video tutorial made by moi!
Today I have decided to make a tutorial on how to make a cloth napkins out of some beautiful scandinavian fabric from my store, namely “Pom Pom” by Spira of Sweden. I have to say it was a bit of a challenge, my recording equipment had boiled down to my good ol’ camera on my phone! So forgive the quality, but nonetheless the tutorial will allow you to make a cloth napkin and transform you into a skilled seamstress!
It is pretty straight forward, the edges of the napkin are double folded and if you can sew in a straight line, have a functioning sewing machine as well as a piece of fabric then you are set to go! Below I have added my opus magnum, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask! Just before you go ahead with the video here is a transcript of how to sew you new cloth napkins:
1. Cut out a square piece of fabric.
2. With your measuring gage measure 1″ / 2 cm at the raw edge closest to yourself.
3. Fold your edge and press it with a iron.
4. Then fold your newly created fold in half (it might make more sense when you see the video).
5. Make sure to pin your folded fabric (the style of folding you have just done is called a double folded hem – look at you, learning the language of the creative bunch :-)!
6. Do the same on the opposite raw edge and then the left and right raw edge.
7. And now you are ready to sew!
If after reading the step by step description you are still wondering what is going on, fear not, have a look at my video tutorial and it should make more sense!